FIFO Australian Community of Excellence (FACE)
FACE: FIFO Australian Community of Excellence ~ Mission to share ~ Vision to learn
News and Events
FACE Pregnancy Toolkits
FACE pregnancy toolkits are in final development and will be released in October 2016. Please register for your copy by emailing email@example.com
Mining industry impacts: post the boom era: 16th of September 2016
Together the UWA Centre for Social Impact and The FIFO Australian Community of Excellence invites you to a community forum and launch of the free Pregnancy & Return to Work Toolkit for the Australian Resources Industry. The speakers at the seminar event will explore recent changes in the mining industry and subsequent impacts on the community, families and FIFO workers.
There will presentations by:
- MLA Bill Johnson shadow minister for energy, mines and petroleum
- Leading academics sharing world class FIFO worker research results from WA universities such as UWA, Murdoch, Curtin and Laurentian University in Canada.
- Industry and community members
- Sneak peek at innovative WA start up Social Enterprise tech group with new calendar App to assist all shift workers to maintain personal connections. Perfect for FIFO, police force, doctors, firemen-anyone who does not work M to F so their loved ones know to meet up with them!
Please register or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There’s a seat limit, and they’re sure to be snatched up quickly, so register today!
What is the FACE network? FACE is a non-profit association of researchers, workers, policy makers, service providers and community members interested in all elements of Fly-In Fly-Out (FIFO), long-distance commute work, health and lifestyle usually related to mineral and energy exploration, construction or production. As an independent multidisciplinary network, FACE has been created to promote and advance sustainable FIFO work practices via collaboration with like-minded individuals and businesses. Our organisation facilitates on-going dialogue nationally and internationally to advance knowledge through mutually beneficial relationships.
Become a free member now: Register on the FACE Network website
Paid members access additional benefits including Ask an Expert
Expertise of FACE include and extend beyond:
• Fly-In Fly-Out work practices
• Emotional well-being
• Health and safety
• Industry and economics
• International issues
• Politics and policy
• Social and physical impact
What FACE membership can do for you?
• Access to evidence based research
• Business Outreach opportunities, access to new research, education on issues effecting FIFO, events including workshops and social networking function – discuss words with Exec
• Community connection and knowledge translation
The FACE network will:
1. Facilitate partnerships based on respectful reciprocal relationships
2. Provide an independent repository of FIFO/DIDO/BIBO information through our on-line library
3. Make available evidence-based FIFO data to non-tertiary stakeholders
4. Recognise Australian FIFO achievements nationally & internationally
5. Foster knowledge exchange and collaborate to produce policy
6. Maintain a register of people with expertise in mentoring and FIFO research